With multiple methodologies and an ever-increasing number of suppliers entering into the market, how do Universities cut through the complexity to ensure they can gain real value from their Learning Analytics investments?
We want to share with you the must-haves our partner customers have told us they require from a Learning Analytics vendor.
• Identifying Risk – Does this system contain a proven predictive component capable of allowing the university to automate the process of risk stratification and to organise the students into cohorts that represent their likelihood of withdrawal/success?
• Daily insights – Does this system include an algorithm that is accumulative, real, or near real-time and that will provide daily feedback to staff and students?
• Alert Triggering – Explain the process by which business logic can be created that will trigger an alert for a student presenting as an outlier and requiring support?
• Impact and Intervention Management – Highlight your systems case management capabilities, workflow and the ability for multiple staff roles to undertake impact analysis over time?
• Utilising historical data for future insights– Does the system allow for longitude data analysis for multiple years?
• Data transparency supports adoption – The data should be transparent to both our staff and students and the systems should not contain any information that would be opaque to the student?
• Clean Data – Is your system capable of identifying erroneous data before it enters the application?
Read our Learning Analytics must-haves checklist to see what our university customers have told us they require from a Learning Analytics vendor.
Fill in your details in the form to the right to access the full article.