Our award-winning student engagement platform was co-designed in sector with one of the leading UK universities in social mobility, and whose mission to provide an equality of opportunity for all is central to everything they do, values that our entire community share and that have underpinned everything about Solutionpath from the construct of our organisation to the design of our products.
If you want to join a diverse and closely knit team who are loved by our customers and partners alike then please get in touch as we would love to hear more about you… Our StREAM product is unique in the market with exceptional customer advocacy and supported by a wealth of customer outcomes, empirical evidence, and research.
StREAM uses unique algorithms to produce a simple engagement score that creates a better understanding of student engagement to support meaningful, transparent, and measured interventions for students and their teaching institutions, and that enables students to self-reflect and take control of their own learning journey.
If you want to be part of something incredible, and make a difference to future generations of learners, read on.
You will share our vision to develop products that help every student realise their full potential, and you will help us realise this vision by consistently delighting our client users.
We want to hear from you if:
- you are a Service Desk Manager (SDM) who understands product and service portfolios and can utilise these to facilitate exceptional service delivery to clients.
- you have a strong understanding of change management and release management principles, supporting incidents and queries raised against agile software solutions.
- you can act as a conduit between client and organisation.
- you can take direct ownership of all clients for service support, and where necessary, oversee successful software/service implementation for both on premise and cloud solutions.
- you have experience providing a high quality, customer focused service desk function.
- you support and co-ordinate a support team to ensure that SLAs are met as a minimum and exceeded by ambition.
- your regular client communication ensures the highest level of service delivery, whilst managing day-to-day issues as they arise.
About the opportunity
The Service Desk Lead/Manager (SDM) is a hands-on role which requires highly developed relationship management with clients and a good understanding of Service Delivery processes, triaging, client configuration, data sets and technology implementations.
As our SDM you will advocate service delivery best practice, manage tickets through workflows whilst managing client expectations.
Change management and continuous improvement through data informed decisions will also be integral to the role.
The role may also include occasional national travel upon a return to ‘normal’.
About the Job
- Management – Manage the Service Desk Operations and support the Service Management functions.
- Relationship Management – Be the main point of contact for technical issues via the service desk, providing a high level of communication across tickets, email, video, and telephone.
- Communication – Host regular catch-up meetings with clients to discuss BAU work and ongoing items and incidents.
- Service Support Delivery – Monitor and triage incoming support tickets in line with existing SLA’s.
- Customer Focus – Actively promote excellent customer service for front-line service delivery within the SDM remit, constantly seeking ways to improve customer experience and satisfaction. Identifying features or functionality that benefit users and proactively log these with the Development Team for potential future release.
- Change Management – Implement release management principles to support incidents and queries raised against our agile software solutions.
- Collaboration – Liaise cross-departmentally to ensure appropriate resource designation and with the Technical Team to expand the existing Knowledge Base for common Issues.
- Orientation – Maintain quick reference guides for each client including key contacts and client specific terminology.
- Performance Management – Implement and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and govern our service proposition. Drive, design, implement and maintain improvements to key metrics, including First Time Fix Rates through better process, technology, and management. Utilise management information and consolidate agreed KPI’s into product or service measures that underpin service management initiatives.
- Reporting – Routinely create and distribute client facing reports.
- Maintenance – Oversee individual client Service Documents in line with any major changes to client environments.
- Quality/IMS – Support our quality standard frameworks (ISO9001 & 27001), and our audit commitments. Drive quality initiatives and assessments both internally and customer facing to identify and deliver areas for improvement and oversee process improvements.
- Technical – Support the transition to cloud (AWS) and cloud-based service operations.
About your skills and experience
- 5+ years’ service desk lead/management in either a service delivery or a software delivery environment.
- Qualified to ITIL Foundation v.3 (or equivalent).
- Qualified to undergraduate degree level.
- Management skills – Proven line management and team development experience.
- Relationship Management skills – Proven ability to create and maintain highly effective relationships with stakeholders, becoming a trusted partner.
- Communication skills – Proven excellence as a written and verbal communicator.
- Customer Service Skills – Customer centric service delivery approach.
- Organisation skills – Highly organised. Proven ability to manage competing priorities.
- Change Management Skills – Proven ability to implement release management principles to support incidents and queries raised against an agile software solution.
- Problem Management skills – Continuous Improvement and Data Driven. Using data insights to identify trends in issues and initiating solutions.
- Technical Skills – Proven high level of computer literacy and experience of learning new systems.
- Knowledge of ISO standards (27001 & 9001).
- Education sector experience.
- Experience/knowledge of Jira Service Management.
- Technical Skills – Proficient Business Systems knowledge (i.e., Jira, Linux, Apache Tomcat, MySQL).
Service Excellence – Support the mission. Learn from experience and share it. Innovate with and on behalf of clients. Act with purpose. Bring enthusiasm to all you do. Imagine what could be.
Problem Solving – Make the difference. Take the Initiative. Embrace the challenge. Solve the Problems. Deliver the results. Celebrate success and have fun along the way.
Teamwork – Collaborate and challenge one another to get the best out of us. Trust and be trustworthy. Leverage strengths and value differences. Build relationships.
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 Days Holiday as well as Public Holidays
- Opportunity to work flexibly and remotely
- Training and personal development opportunities
- Regular social activities and wellbeing initiatives
- Be part of a Knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
- The opportunity to be part of the next success story
As an SDM working with Solutionpath you will be offered a competitive salary (dependent on experience).
This role is being offered on a full-time basis of 37.5 hours per week, 9.00-5.30, Monday-Friday. We are working remotely at present, however office and WFH routines are flexible.
Please note that we are unable to offer Skilled Worker Visa Sponsorship for this role. Therefore, you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
To apply please follow this link to Indeed – 1 Solutionpath Jobs – April 2021 | Indeed.com