Solutionpath is a leader in Student Engagement Analytics based in Leeds. We are proud to pioneer new technology and data science to tackle some of the key issues facing the Higher Education sector today including student retention, wellbeing, and attainment.
Our mission is to support all students to reach their full potential by helping university staff to identify risk that helps to prevent situations that affect progress, allowing universities to better support students when they need it most.
Our product StREAM works by aggregating multiple student interactions and behavioural data from across the institution. Using our unique algorithm, we create a simple engagement score that creates a better understanding of engagement to support meaningful, transparent, and measured interventions between students and their teaching institutions.
About the role
You will be someone with an excellent entrepreneurial mindset. This outlook will allow you to think about a project beyond the basic skill set needed to manage it. The project’s success or failure rests solely on the Project Manager’s shoulders, and they are responsible for the end result.
In order to be successful in the execution of your duties, you will be expected to develop and manage an eco- system of resources internally, e.g. technical teams, and externally with university clients, partner organisations and individuals.
As a result you will need to be…
- Comfortable in a client-facing role, expert communicator at all levels of the organisational hierarchy
- Able to absorb information (technical and operational) quickly and accurately with the means to translate to the needs of the customer
- Energetic, high-performing, delivery-driven, self-organising and have the ability to work across multi- disciplinary teams
- Able to work independently and on your own initiative, taking a solution based approach to challenges
- Passionate about student success and higher education
- Able to recognize and self-regulate your own emotions in order to facilitate professional conversations and outcomes.
- Someone with considerable experience of working in the HE sector, ideally around 4/5 years.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of multiple new implementations. This includes requirements and data gathering, collection of due diligence/project documentation; co-ordination of the project resources, and liaison with the client to ensure successful product implementation
- Lead client communications on a 1-2-1 basis, as part of the project team meetings and in workshops
- Conduct all project management admin tasks to a high standard: e.g. agendas, minutes, reporting, project plans, risks and issues logs etc.
- Set timescales based on available resources and tasks required
- Define project activities and task estimates whilst developing & maintaining schedules (sometimes interrelating schedules)
- Forecast, document and manage project risks, issues and escalations
- Anticipate problems with a solution-focused approach to resolution
- Forecast constraints and support organisational planning
- Produce project guidelines, best practices and toolkits to increase the quality and efficiency of next implementations
- Work with technology partners where necessary, to deliver against implementation goals
- Provide expert level system knowledge, advice, and guidance to project stakeholders
- Build trust and develop positive relationships
- Represent Solutionpath to high standards
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Qualified to undergraduate degree level
- Experience delivering and managing projects in the higher education sector
- Proven high level of computer literacy and experience of learning new systems
- Proven ability to build highly effective relationships with stakeholders, becoming a trusted partner
- Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes
- Solid experience of coordinating the work of others
- Demonstrated capability for problem-solving, decision making, sound judgment, and assertiveness
- Proven excellence as a written and verbal communicator
- Commercial awareness/aptitude
- Computer literate – proficient in a wide variety of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Full, clean UK driving licence
- Project management certification (Agile, PMI, PRINCE2, IPMA or similar)
- Critical thinking skills
- Technical project management skills
- Data/Analytics project skills
- Budgeting skills
- Agile methodologies
The type of person we look for!
- Excellent self-presentation skills and commercial awareness to always represent Solutionpath professionally and accurately
- Able to recognize and self-regulate your own emotions in order to facilitate professional conversations and outcomes
- Discretion and reliability
- Strong work ethic with high levels of motivation and enthusiasm
If this role sounds interesting to you we’d love to chat, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly via Indeed – Project Manager